ALMET Marine is, in the shipbuilding sector, a specialized partner for aluminium products and their implementation.
The current activity of ALMET Marine began in the 80’s within the French aluminium group, PECHINEY, and has been then specialized by the ALCAN group. Since 2008, ALMET Marine keeps on developing within the ALMET group, independant company specialized in aluminium and stainless steel distribution.
ALMET Marine has also increased its action on the export market, continuing its specialization on the shipbuilding market with the cutting and forming of plates, delivery of complete boat kits (cut pieces, profiles, fittings …).
Our usual contacts on project drafts are:
– Naval architects and their technical departments,
– Specialized technical departments,
– Shipowners, users,
– Classification societies such as LR, BV, ABS, DNV, RINA …
– Shipyards, technical or purchase departments, management,
– Aluminium producers for plates and extrusions.
We offer all possibilities and capabilities:
– Choice in aluminium alloys and tempers,
– Way of supply: stock, mill, center …
– Different level of service: mill finish, cut, pre-formed products …
– Partial timed or full kits deliveries …
You will find in our achievements section, technically very innovative Aluminium boats as the EDA-R, the DRAGONS-39, the SEAFOX…whether monohull or catamaran, they are made of aluminium suitable for marine environments (alloys like 6082T6, 5083H111, 5383H116 called “Sealium”) and with a good resistance to heat and cold.
As a reminder, aluminium is not only an environmental friendly material which can be recycled again and again but also a material suitable for the lightening of structures, weights, motorization…and thus providing energy and maintenance costs savings.